Hi,

We work in the scientific publishing industry and our typical source materials
are fairly large XML files that contain a journal article with all the usual stuff,
abstracts, bibliographic references, figures, tables, etc.

One of these documents typically yields multiple individual pages. For example,
we will have an abstract page, a full text page, a figure 1 page, etc. Further, we
will aggregate bits of 50 documents or so to produce a table of contents.

I am looking for the best way to approach this with cocoon. It seems impractical
to have a single source document drive all of these pages? I'm wondering
if the document should be split up into fragments. How would something like
this be done with cocoon? Can you serialize to a disk file?

Also note that we are likely to be generating HTML off line and not using cocoon
for serving pages. But we want to be able to take advantage of sitemaps, pipelines
and all the other goodies to get the job done.

This might be a bit outside of the normal cocoon usage. Has anyone else
had any experience with this approach? Am I missing something obvious?
Is there a better way?

Many thanks!

Fred