Hi Jonathon

If you already have a class which generates a JDOM object, you could refer to it in an
XSP (this is probably the easiest way), or write a Transformer that wraps the JDOM
object and serializes it as SAX.

Or, if you don't already have this Java class, you should consider doing the whole
thing using existing Cocoon components, without Java programming, with a pipeline like
this:

1) use the SQLTransformer to query the database
2) use an XSLT to convert the SQL results (XML) to another XML representation,
appropriate to your data model
3) use another XSLT to convert to your presentation format (XLS)

Cheers!

Con