Ralph Goers wrote:

> Thanks, Carsten.
>
> Is there an example of accessing the user data somewhere?  Is the
> information about the user obtained from the handler resource?

Yes, everything the handler resource delivers is stored in the
session and therefore available. The authentication example in
cocoon show all this information.

> Some other things I am unclear on:
>
> The doc says the authentication resource can be a Java class. How is that
> done?

You can define this class in the handler configuration as an attribute
"authenticator" of the "authentication" element, e.g.
<authentication authenticator="mypkg.myclass"/>
This class must conform to the Authenticator interface.

> The last sentence in section 3.3 says "This data node is then added inside
> the "login" tag of the login resource (see previous chapter)."
> Assuming you
> really mean section 3.2 instead of chapter (the previous chapter would be
> chapter 2. Sitemap components), I can't find any mention of a login tag.
>
> In section 3.2 there is a paragraph that reads:
> "This redirect-to document is an unprotected document in the sitemap. For
> tracking which document was requested, the redirect-to document gets the
> request parameter "resource" with the value. In addition, all parameters
> specified inside the redirect-to tag of the handler configuration
> are passed
> to the document."
>
> First, I assume the second sentence should end with "the value of the
> redirect-to uri attribute".
> Second, I am confused by the last sentence of the paragraph. It
> leads me to
> believe I should code:
>
> <handler name="unique">
>   <redirect-to uri="cocoon:loginpage">
>     <map:parameter name="parm1" value="value1"/>
>   </redierct-to>
> </handler>
>
> However, I see no examples coded like this. I assume something
> else is meant
> here.

Very close, but:

> <handler name="unique">
>   <redirect-to uri="cocoon:loginpage">
>     <parm1>value1<parm1/>
>   </redierct-to>
> </handler>

For the other points, to which documentation are you refering. Can you
have a look at the latest docs, either from the Cocoon cvs
or from the website? If you're using them, well, then I have to
check the docs :)

Carsten