Hi,

I'm working with a standard Java webapp. The business logic is in a
library of around 300 standard Java classes. There is a management site
written in JSP. For each customer implementation we then code custom
pages for our customer's public users (with taglibs). However, we want
to switch to Cocoon. The plan is to create a high level API in Cocoon to
make it easier to put together these customised pages by just tweaking
some XSLTs and juggling sitemap components.

My question is what the best approach to take is. Current ideas include:

1) Logicsheet. Create a custom logicsheet which wraps calls to the
existing class library. Then write generators in XSP.

2) Custom Generators. Code generator(s) which will accept sitemap
parameters for filtering what data is needed.

3) Aggregate. Pull in our application data further down the pipeline

Logicsheets seem more flexible, but I'm aware that the API will become
very extensive over time, and I'm not sure if this approach will scale.
The concern with aggregating is performance.

Is there a better approach I've missed?

Thanks for your consideration.

Patrick