It is amazing that no one has commented on this post. Perhaps it is because
the beta-omega developers do not want to show anything that contradicts the
alpha developer (fear of agora Siberia perhaps...).

You show a way to use cocoon and the document function in a harmonious (and
a very useful) way.

Are people simply closing their eyes to new ways (although standard and
accepted by some extremely intelligent people in XML/XSL) or have they
invested too deeply in _the cocoon way_ or do they simply refuse to think
about (and therefore feel no need to comment)?

----

One more benefit of using the document function as opposed to /proprietary/
cocoon ways is that you can perform simple transforms outside of cocoon or
even pick up your XSL and leave for another solution. -- NO LOCK IN --

-Rob