Hi Ralph
For an example of storing and retrieving objects in the Request take a look at AbstractValidatorAction and SimpleFormTransformer.
The action fills a map with the validation information (for both success and failure of the action)
and pushes it into the request. The transformer then extracts the map from the request and uses it.
They each know of the name of the request attribute through a shared constant string...

Request#setAttribute(key,object) and Object Request#getAttribute(key) are what you want.

Sorry I don't know how to communicate this info via input modules :^(
HTH
Steve

I'm not using flowscript, just the sitemap. Even so, how would the object
be passed to the generator? The only thing I can think of is that it has to
be store in the request or the temporary context, in which case the input
module would have to return the name the value is stored as. The generator
would then need to know to retrieve it. Quite ugly.

Ralph