JD Daniels wrote:

Actually, the building was not really that difficult.. Like I said earlier,
it was way simpler than my first go-round with PHP and make *shudder* I have
only used CVS for cocoon.. I dislike building from source unless I *have*
to.. and I was in big favour with making cocoon only a source dist.

What I think would help is not an easier build mechanism or binary dist, but
some real world type examples.. think of a Cocoon area on hotscripts.com :P

Everyone seems to agree that building the samples gives you a good look at
what is possible, then we all spent weeks or months getting what we wanted
out of it.

I think some samples for simple, everday web site things, like guestbooks,
forums, news, etc, would give them a reason to start off with converting
their sites and keep em going past that initial "Arghh I know this is good"
step. This stuff does not have to be java code.. I am doing a lot of these
things with simple source-writing and xsl.

Don't get me wrong.. the Wiki is fantastic and I am snooping around in there
almost everyday... but it is not really all that user friendly I don't
think.

None of my comments are point out any flaws.. I just think cocoon is the
kickin' ass thing to come down the pipe since I dropped my chainsaw and went
geek :)

I agree entirely about these examples. Are you interested in helping? Either as patches to CVS, or sticking them up on the Wiki? We've got to start somewhere.

Regards, Upayavira