Nacho
If I understand correctly, it looks like you can just create a pipeline that serves your modified config file and then refer to it using the cocoon: protocol when you need it.

I do something similar - here is where I generate my config data (from a db instead of a file)
<!-- Pull xml config data from database as XML -->
<map:match pattern="^(category|club|difficulty|style|organization)$"
type="regexp">
<map:generate type="file" src="web/content/simple_select.xml" />
<!-- Yor transform would go here and you can pass it any params you need in the request to
modify your config file -->
<map:transform type="xslt" src="style/simple_select.xsl">
<map:parameter name="table-name" value="{1}" />
</map:transform>
<map:transform type="sql">
<map:parameter name="use-connection" value="agilitycourses" />
<map:parameter name="preserve-column-case" value="true" />
</map:transform>
<map:serialize type="xml" />
</map:match>

Then I cinclude the output in other pipellines by refering to it via cocoon:/category or cocoon:/club

I found an interesting and (to me) unexpected effect when doing this. The request to the cocoon protocol is the request as you've processed it thus far, so you can use the request to modify the result of the cincluded pipeline as you need.

Best Regards,
Steve