I had a look at this. Joerg's observation is correct.

There is an easy way around IMHO :
Check the "lastmodified" attribute of the directory instead of each individual file.

Adding or removing files in a directory updates the lastmodified timestamp of this directory (at least on windows). If someone can check this behaviour on linux/macosX (don't have axx to a linux box until wednesday) then i'ld be happy to provide a patch.

rgds
Jorg