Gianluca Sartori wrote:

Well, the only reason to write a DTD is that you can use it with an XML
editor to have tag completion while developing XSP pages. By the way, do
you know if there's an Eclipse plugin which implements a tag
repository/list?

Beside being used to ease the writing of XML documents, DTDs and XSDs are meant to ensure the correctness of XML documents... not to mention their use as design/documentation tools.

Talking about Elicpse: I adopted the <oXygen/> (http://www.oxygenxml.com) plugin and I lived happier afterwards :) ... you just give him the schema (XSD or DTD) and it suggests elements and attributes while you type.
Though not OSS, it is reasonably priced.

Saluti,

     Luca Morandini
   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.lucamorandini.it