Peter Horsfield wrote:

Hi Upayavira, everyone:

I did manage to put together a quick article about
generating offline sites using Cocoon (hurrah!). I'd
hoped to have had some more specifics about
GrumpyKitty.biz, but I didn't quite get there in time.
Maybe next weekend.

So for more information about generating offline
sites, especially under Windows, head on over to

http://xml.grumpykitty.biz/

If anyone would like to add content from this article
dated January 18th to the Wiki then they are more than
welcome. As always, comments are welcome.

Peter,

Wow. That's quite some stuff you've got working there. I'm impressed.

If you ever think of simplifying it, there are some things that you might do....

The new Cocoon Ant task would allow you to use Apache Ant as an environment to run Cocoon. Ant has inbuilt tasks for FTP, SCP and other such uploading methods, and has code for using checksums to workout which pages have changed so that you only upload changed pages. I suspect that with that, you could build a much simpler method for uploading your site that would work across a range of OSes.

Regards, Upayavira