Alex
Yes, but it's a bad idea, because you haven't insurance about coplets
synchronization, and you will not have the benefit of the history record of
the portal.
The good design is to use coplet attributes.
1. Declare an attributes in copletinstancedata/portal.xml
<coplet-instance-data id="MyCoplet-1" name="standard">
<coplet-data>MyCoplet</coplet-data>
<attribute>
<name>MyAttribute</name>
<value xsi:type="java:java.lang.String">MyDefaultValue</value>
</attribute>
</coplet-instance-data>
2. Use the portal-coplet transformer to set the attribute
<cl:links>
<cl:link layout="maintab" value="1" path="aspectDatas/tab"/>
<cl:link coplet="MyCoplet-1" value="MyValue" path="parameters/MyAttribute"/>
<cl:content>My News Page</cl:content>
</cl:links>
It will produce another event on the href
My News Page</a>
Be careful, to access to the MyCoplet-1 attributes this transformer need to
be call by the MyCoplet itself and with the cocoon protocol. If it's not the
case use the portal action to 'load' it in memory.
<map:act type="portal-object-model">
<map:parameter name="portalName" value="portal" />
<map:parameter name="CopletId" value="MyCoplet-1" />
</map:act>
3. use it
Read value from the coplet input module. For example to use it with an xsl
<map:match pattern="MyCoplet.html">
<map:generate src="MyData.xml" />
<map:transform src="xml2html.xsl">
<map:parameter name="MyParameter" value="{coplet:attributes/MyAttribute}"/>
</map:transform>
<map:serialize />
</map:match>

Laurent Trillaud