Laurent,

I think I'm almost there, however I'm getting an error
and I believe it is because I don't quite understand
your point #2 and making some mistake there.  The
error that I get is:

org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed to
execute pipeline.:
org.apache.commons.jxpath.JXPathException: Exception
trying to set value with xpath parameters/news-id;
Cannot set property /parameters/news-id, path does not
match a changeable location.

Please see my comments below.

Thanks,
-Alex

--- Laurent Trillaud <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Alex
> Yes, but it's a bad idea, because you haven't
> insurance about coplets
> synchronization, and you will not have the benefit
> of the history record of
> the portal.
> The good design is to use coplet attributes.
> 1. Declare an attributes in
> copletinstancedata/portal.xml
> <coplet-instance-data id="MyCoplet-1"
> name="standard">
> <coplet-data>MyCoplet</coplet-data>
> <attribute>
> <name>MyAttribute</name>
> <value

xsi:type="java:java.lang.String">MyDefaultValue</value>
> </attribute>
> </coplet-instance-data>

OK, I did that -- my coplet instance is named
"news-item-1" and the attribute "news-id".  I also
noticed that the sample places the attributes in
coplet definitions rather than coplet instances, does
it matter?

> 2. Use the portal-coplet transformer to set the
> attribute
> <cl:links>
> <cl:link layout="maintab" value="1"
> path="aspectDatas/tab"/>
> <cl:link coplet="MyCoplet-1" value="MyValue"
> path="parameters/MyAttribute"/>
> <cl:content>My News Page</cl:content>
> </cl:links>
> It will produce another event on the href
> <a

href="portal?portal-action=n&portal-event=m&portal-event=m+1>
> My News Page</a>
> Be careful, to access to the MyCoplet-1 attributes
> this transformer need to
> be call by the MyCoplet itself and with the cocoon
> protocol.

I'm not sure what you mean.  In my case I have 2
coplet instances: news-list-1 and news-item-1.  Each
item in the news list needs to have a link to the
corresponding news item.  So I put the above code in
the news-list-1 coplet and used the coplet-transformer
to generate the ancor tag.

When I click on the generated link, I get the "path
does not match a changeable location" error.

If it's not the
> case use the portal action to 'load' it in memory.
> <map:act type="portal-object-model">
> <map:parameter name="portalName" value="portal" />
> <map:parameter name="CopletId" value="MyCoplet-1" />
> </map:act>

I think this is my case, since my news-list coplet
needs to call news-item coplet.  Where do I place
this?

> 3. use it
> Read value from the coplet input module. For example
> to use it with an xsl
> <map:match pattern="MyCoplet.html">
> <map:generate src="MyData.xml" />
> <map:transform src="xml2html.xsl">
> <map:parameter name="MyParameter"
> value="{coplet:attributes/MyAttribute}"/>
> </map:transform>
> <map:serialize />
> </map:match>
>
> Laurent Trillaud

href="portal?portal-action=n&portal-event=m&news-id=x>My>

href="http://myserver/myproject/portal/bookmark?showtab=1";>
> > > My News Page</a> and it will do the same thing.
> > >
> > > Laurent Trillaud

=====
Alex Romayev
Software Architect