I'm also using HTMLArea in project, and it works fine. I had problems with freezing when I used tabbed group styling (I have multilanguage articles), but version from CVS is fine.

But coming to character escaping. I'm not sure what you exactly do, but I store the article in relational DB (HSQLDB) and use ESQL logic sheet to take it out of there. And what I had to do, to was to use <esql:get-xml/> instead of <esql:get-string/> (hopefully HTMLArea produces XHMLT).

As you probably write the content directly to XML, maybe you should also first parse the input and than add the node set instead of string ?

I hope I helped in some way.

Regards,
Marcin Okraszewski

In my current project (http://microbic.de/dav/htdocs/htmlarea/htmlarea2.gif) I'm using the woody binding for my article show in the screenshot. Basic problem is (independent from the html editor) that using any XML markup is converted to &lt;/&gt; so that my XML looks like this after saving:

   <Body>
    &lt;b&gt;hello world&lt;/b&gt;
   <Body>

when I would like to have: