Thank  you for the reply. Please address my concerns mentioned below.

I have multiple applications which require logon. I want to make sure if the
user logs on one application he does not have to log on again till he
logsout.

I want to port all the applications to cocoon. Just want to make sure that
cocoon has this feature of single sign on available.

Also for personalization I want to have differnt porlets for different users.
And change the look and the feel of pages just like we do in my.yahoo.com.

Regarding adding new pages if I have to add a new page to cocoon does it apply
lot of development.

Our idea of moving to a portal server is to be able to add new functionality
to our portal easily(in less time).

Thanks,
Anna.