Von: Joakim Verona
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 29. Januar 2004 13:44
An: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Betreff: How do I set session variables from xslt or jxtransforms?

Hello list,

I have a XSP file that generates XML by decrypting a string sent in a
url parameter.

This works, and the XSP generates a XML representation of the decrypted
string.

Now I would like to pass this generated XML to a transform of some kind,
that will extract data
and put it in session variables.

Whats the best way to do this?

The only way I can think of is using a XSLT transform that gets at the
data I want with XPath,
and then uses xalan java extensions to set the session variables
somehow, but this seems so awkward.

Any ideas?

Here is an example:

an XSP generates this XML:

<root>
  <var1>foo</var1>
  <var2>foo2</var2>
</root>

I want to do something like:
setSessionVariable("var1", xpathExpression("/root/var1"))

Cheers, /Joakim