Geoff,

On Fri, 2004-02-06 at 11:42, Geoff Howard wrote:
<snip>

> hmmm, I would be suspicious that uploads were broken in 2.1.3 but I
> really don't think so.
>
> Can you triple check that the web.xml  used in this case really has
> enable-uploads set properly?
>
> After that, i'd break out a debugger, set a break point on cocoon
> servlet where it creates the request, or RequestFactory, etc. and see
> what is going on.

Okay, this seems pretty weird, or at least counter-intuitive...

This is what I'm seeing.  When I post the audio file to cocoon, I can
see a RequestFactory.getServletRequest() occur.  Then, it goes through
the parsing process until it finds the file part and then appears to
save the file to disk at the appropriate place.  (it puts an attribute
in place called 'file' whose value is the resolved path to the file it
saves.

Now, I'd expect that the next thing I'd see would be my custom generator
that is sitting on this pipeline get the request object, but that
doesn't  happen.  Instead, I see a second getServletRequest() call, also
with multipart/form-data encoding, but a different boundary and as such
I think a completely different request. (Actually I know it's a
different one, because I can see the constructor call)  The whole
parsing routine takes place and there is no file part to this request.

It is the result of this second getServletRequest that arrives at the
generator, and it doesn't have the 'file' attribute.  In addition, the
file has been deleted, one way or another (I know it is transient - only
for the life of the request, which must already have been cleaned up)

Clearly something odd is going on...  Any ideas?

Thanks again,

Chris