Bert Van Kets wrote:

Hi all,
I just did an update of my CVS Head and built the whole thing (clean
built!).
Checking the logs I saw that I got an ClassNotFoundException
org.exolab.jms.jndi.InitialContextFactory.
So, I go to Sourceforge, get the needed classes, build and add the lib to
Cooon.
Now, when I start up Cocoon again, I get a stack trace (see below)
complaining about a duplicate container name called "cocoon-portal". A text
search on this string doesn't give me anything. So I'm stuck (again). :-(

Isn't there supposed to be a dummy class for the openJMS classes???

Is the container name hard coded? If so, it's never goign to be unique is
it? :-/

I can live without JMS, but it seems there's something wrong here.

Yes, this comes from the jms block which by default is configured to use OpenJMS but we do not bundle it with Cocoon. If you don't plan on using jms either exclude the jms block, or ignore the warning. If you do need jms, either get OpenJMS, start it, and put its client jar in WEB-INF\lib (and/or in %COCOON_HOME%\optional so it's added there after any future rebuilds)

AFAIK, the rest of the issue below has to do with the portal and has nothing whatsoever to do with the jms block. If you don't get answers on it, it's because you've mixed issues in one email and the people who know about the portal issue (not me) skipped past the message.

Geoff

P.S. Using JDK 1.3.1_6 and Tomcat 4.1.29 on WinXP

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The given container name is not unique:
cocoon-portal
        at
org.apache.pluto.PortletContainerServices.createReference(PortletContainerSe
rvices.java:53)
        at
org.apache.pluto.PortletContainerImpl.init(PortletContainerImpl.java:101)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.portal.impl.PortletPortalManager.initContainer(PortletPort
alManager.java:211)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.portal.impl.PortletPortalManager.initialize(PortletPortalM
anager.java:173)
        at
org.apache.avalon.framework.container.ContainerUtil.initialize(ContainerUtil
.java:282)
        at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.DefaultComponentFactory.newInstance(De
faultComponentFactory.java:313)
        at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.ThreadSafeComponentHandler.initialize(
ThreadSafeComponentHandler.java:143)
        at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.ExcaliburComponentManager.initialize(E
xcaliburComponentManager.java:558)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.CocoonComponentManager.initialize(CocoonCompone
ntManager.java:547)
        at
org.apache.avalon.framework.container.ContainerUtil.initialize(ContainerUtil
.java:282)
        at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.initialize(Cocoon.java:340)
        at
org.apache.avalon.framework.container.ContainerUtil.initialize(ContainerUtil
.java:282)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.createCocoon(CocoonServlet.java:1371
)
        at org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.init(CocoonServlet.java:514)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:93
5)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.allocate(StandardWrapper.java:668)
        at
va:210)
        at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
        at
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
        at
va:191)
        at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
        at
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2417)
        at
)
        at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
        at
java:171)
        at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
        at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:172
)
        at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
        at
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
        at
:174)
        at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
        at
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
        at org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:193)
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:781)
        at
ction(Http11Protocol.java:549)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:589)
        at
a:666)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)