John L. Webber wrote:

We're using 2.1.3 as well, though we've seen this behaviour with earlier versions. I second what Brent said -- the memory problems show up if the webapps are frequently redeployed. We haven't noticed any problems in a production environment (we haven't gone live yet).

This is odd, as it would seem logically that restarting the webapp should reset all memory usage. There is of course some state which is persisted between startups but I'm most suspicious that this is a container issue.

- John, do you also use Tomcat? Which version do you both use?
- For a trial, do you get the same behavior deployed on Jetty? (either the bundled version or the full version from mortbay.org)
- Are there any symptomatic errors in cocoon's or tomcat's logs?
- How do you restart?
- Which Cocoon blocks do you have installed?

Geoff

Geoff Howard wrote:

Brent L Johnson wrote:

I've noticed something very similar.  I've got a production
box running right now out of Florida and it runs Cocoon
with Tomcat just fine.. been running for well over
a month now (with small amounts of traffic though,
since it isnt scheduled to go live until next month).

But my development machine (which is the same as the
production machine, just no RAID and only 512MB ram)
really starts choking if I'm repeatedly restarting
Tomcat (4-5 times in a day I mean).

Let's hope I dont have this problem on the production
machine since this is for a government contract :)

Which version of Cocoon?