> - John, do you also use Tomcat?  Which version do you both use?

I'm using 4.1.27.

> - For a trial, do you get the same behavior deployed on
> Jetty? (either
> the bundled version or the full version from mortbay.org)

Haven't tried it with Jetty.

> - Are there any symptomatic errors in cocoon's or tomcat's logs?

None that I've noticed.  But unlike John, I dont wait for
OutOfMemory.. once performance drops I can't stand it
so I just restart Tomcat.

> - How do you restart?

The standard Tomcat shutdown.sh and startup.sh commands.

> - Which Cocoon blocks do you have installed?

A fairly minimal set of blocks.  Specifically:
authentication-fw, batik, databases, fop, html, jsp,
poi, and session-fw.

- Brent