Can someone please answer the below question.

Also I have nested acts and when the 1st act sends parameters will they be
replaced by the second acts parameters(key in the hashmap are different so I
guess they cannot be replaced). But when I ampassing all these parameters
(from act1 and act2) to the generator the latest act(act2) parameters are
being sent the xsp the others (act1 return parameters are not being sent).
Can you someone tell me if I am doing anything wrong.

                <map:act type="startdate" src="security.xsp">

                                <map:act type="get-security">

                                <map:generate type="serverpages"
src="securityresult.xsp">
                                        <map:parameter name="act2msg1"
value="{sec_shortname}"/>
                                        <map:parameter name="act2msg2"
value="{sec_piggyback}"/>
                                        <map:parameter name="act1msg1"
value="{startdate}"/>
                                        <map:parameter name="act1msg2"
value="{enddate}"/>
                                </map:generate>
                                <map:transform
src="context:/historyserver/styles/searchresult.xsl"/>
                            <map:serialize/>
                        </map:act>
                </map:act>

I can retrieve act2 messages f in the xsp but act1 messages are null. I
checked the action is returning parameters.

If act1 fails I want to display an error message which is different from the
message to be displayed when act2 fails. Since both the failure are directed
to the same file is there a way I can find out if act1 or act2 failed and
depending on that print the error message.

Thanks,
Anna.