I don't know if there's an input module to do that, but if you need a file
or dir within your home dir (so an absolute path to your file/dir) then you
can also use the resolver like this:

<xsp:structure>
  <xsp:include>org.apache.excalibur.source.Source</xsp:include>
  <xsp:include>java.net.URL</xsp:include>
  <xsp:include>org.apache.cocoon.ResourceNotFoundException</xsp:include>
 </xsp:structure>

<xsp:logic>
try{
      Source inputSource = this.resolver.resolveURI("my_relative_dir"); //
so if this variable is empty, it will resolve to your home dir
c:/whateveryourdiris/  (containing your sitemap.xmap)
      String systemId = inputSource.getURI();
      File f = new File(new URL(systemId).getFile());
     }
     catch( Exception e)
     {
      throw new ResourceNotFoundException();