Alex Romayev wrote:

I have 2.1.4 label. My internet connection is fine
(proved by this email ;-)). I suppose the server it's
trying to look up is down...

if web.xml is the culprit (you should see which file is being patched in the console) that'd be sun's site.

Do you think if I CVS HEAD, it'll fix it?

Maybe - we did upgrade to Xerces 2.6.2 from 2.6.1 about six days ago. You may just try upgrading Xerces (I think Xpatch will use the version in tools/lib??)

Geoff

Thanks,
-Alex

--- Geoff Howard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Alex Romayev wrote:

Hi,

Most of the time when I run XConfToolTask, it works
fine, but sometimes I get the following error:

IOException: java.net.ConnectException: Connection
timed out: connect

Any idea what's the problem here?

Which version of Cocoon? The xpatch task is
supposed to disable resolving of remote dtds but the underlying
xalan/xerces feature was broken. To be honest, I don't remember where it
left off, when it broke or if/when it was fixed. But that's probably the
issue. While the problem exists, it is impossible to run the xpatch
task against an xml file with a dtd reference (web.xml for example) if
no interet connection is present, and probably if the dtd request fails.

Geoff