hi oscar,

see inline comments...

yes, at least for cocoon <= 2.1.x.  but that WrapperServicerManager proxy is
actually provided by the ECM (ExcaliburComponentManager) automagically. you
shouldn't assume anything other than a ServiceManager when your component is
service()d, though; ECM (and thus WrapperServiceManager) will be gone in
cocoon 2.2.

> 2-Am I correct to suppose that the ServiceManager provided to a
> Serviceable
> sitemap component is the sitemap level (Wrapper)ServiceManager
> and not the top
> level one.

yes, every sitemap got its own ComponentManager/ServiceManager, which is
passed to sitemap components of the respective sitemap. I'm not sure,
though, which CM/SM you mean with the top level one; the root sitemap's or
cocoon's (which normally is the 'root' and the one configured via
cocoon.xconf)? the latter can even be passed a parent CM. anyways, don't
forget that the sitemap CM's form a hierarchy; each subsitemap's CM
delegates to its parent sitemap's CM.

hope that clarified it a bit.