Hi,

No.

Before my app was at http://localhost:8080/myapp and
once invoking my app at the above location, a pattern
in my sitemap (<map:match pattern="apattern/hello">)
worked. Since I made the previously mentioned change
in server.xml, I could invoke my app at
http://localhost:8080 but for some reason inside my
app when there was a link to
http://localhost:8080/apattern/hello, I got a 404
message.

I found out what the problem was. I assumed that since
one such pattern didn't work they all didn't. But
others did. In fact the only one that didn't was a
pattern called "admin/hello". It turns out that there
is a Tomcat application called admin and that's why
the pattern wasn't being found. It was looking in the
Tomcat application. Once I changed my code from
"admin" all was well.

Thanks for your help. Your responses led me to think
that what I was doing should have worked, so I began
to investigate why it wasn't working which led me to
try to load an "admin" app. That brought up the Tomcat
admin jsp.

Thanks again for helping me solve this problem.