Hello,

Sorry I think you are interesting version controlling in general, but I don
īt say concrets.

So, cvs is very well for text files versioning, but it only stores binary in
repository without versioning.  I store only text files in repository.
I usually make two of repository, one for programming, and one for
designing. Usually designers no need programming, and programmers no need
designing.   Designers usually store their binary files in repository
(.jpg,.gif etc.)

There is a little comparison for versioning here:

http://better-scm.berlios.de/comparison/comparison.html

And locally I use RCS. It is like CVS but its repository is in current
subdirectory/RCS dir. I usually store sitemap.xmaps, stylesheets, xsps and
other text(xml) files.

There are three of commands:
ci, co and rcsdiff

first time using: