On Tue, 23 Mar 2004, beyaNet Consultancy wrote:

> would i be right in thinking that the following  sitemap snippet does
> not actually turn my document into an xhtml document!?:
>
>                       <map:serializer logger="sitemap.serializer.html"
> mime-type="text/html" name="html" pool-grow="4" pool-max="32"
> pool-min="4" src="org.apache.cocoon.serialization.HTMLSerializer">
>                         <doctype-public>-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0
> Transitional/EN</doctype-public>
>
> <doctype-system>http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-
> transitional.dtd</doctype-system>
>                       </map:serializer>

Assuming you have the paths correct, that should do it.  Its simple
enough to validate for yourself.  Just submit it to the www.w3.org
validator.

The only change you might want to consider is adding:

  <media-type>application/xhtml+xml</media-type>

Unfortunately, IE doesn't recognize this so its not particularly
useful.  See:

  http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/NOTE-xhtml-media-types-20020801/

--
JP