On Mar 30, 2004, at 11:54 AM, Geoff Howard wrote:

Unfortunately, I can confirm that this does appear to be related to IE, POST, and SSL. I have quite a bit of experience observing this problem in an application totally unrelated to Cocoon. In that case, it's on Netscape Enterprise Server - not sure where the SSL support comes from if it's not native to NES. The point is, doesn't appear to be related to anything on the server.

That's right! So this is both the good news and the bad news for Martin — it's IE's fault, not the server-side app or platform... but there's no server-side fix, either. From what I recall from the Jetty-Support discussion, the problem doesn't seem to appear with some servers because those servers themselves don't implement standards correctly (I've heard that "two wrongs don't make a right", but I guess that must have been about something else :-)

~ml