From: Gianugo Rabellino [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, April 02, 2004 4:50 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'; BORDET,SIMONE (HP-Torino); D'ANGELO,MASSIMO
(HP-Italy,ex1)
Subject: Re: problem in map:read version 2.1.4

CLEMENTE,GRAZIA (HP-Italy,ex1) wrote:

> We are having a problem porting our application from cocoon 2.0 to 2.1.4.
> JDK 1.4.2 HW Sun Solaris
>
> The application worked perfectly on the older release that used JDK
> 1.3.1.07.
>
> PROBLEM DESCRIPTION
>
> The problem is summarized as follows:
>
> 1. We have match that uses the xslt transformer to generate HTML.
>
>               <map:match pattern="wifi/internal">
>                 <map:generate src="prova.xml"/>
>                 <map:transform src="prova.xsl"/>
>                 <map:serialize type="html"/>
>             </map:match>
>
> 2. We have an other match that does a map:read to call the match as above.

>               <map:match pattern="wifi/prova">
>                  <map:read src="cocoon:/wifi/internal"/>
>             </map:match>
>
> The problem we have is that the second match, will send to the browser an
> XML page rather than an HTML page.
>
> If you call from your browser http://somedomain/wifi/internal the result
> will the an HELLO WORLD message as expected
>
> If you call from your browser http://somedomain/wifi/prova the browser
will
> detect an XML parsing error on the META TAG. Obviously the content type is
> set to XML rather than HTML.
>
> The very same test runs perfectly on cocoon 2.0. It does not work on
2.1.4.

> It looks like the second matcher uses the XML serializer rather than the
> HTMLserializer
>
> QUESTIONS
>
> 1. Is this a bug in the latest version or it was a bug in the older
version
> and we just got lucky before and n

You were incredibly lucky before: this is just not supposed to work,
because of the way the cocoon protocol works. You shouldn't use a reader
to read cocoon:/ pipelines if you want to have the serialized output as
well. There are a number of ways to achieve what you need (though the
reason for your double pipeline actually escapes me), but you're better
avoid map:read'in with the cocoon:/ protocol.

Ciao,

--
Gianugo Rabellino
     (Blogging at: http://www.rabellino.it/blog/)