[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

This continues to look good - wish I had time right now to play with it.

Thanks!

I'm curious about how you integrated the wordnet dictionary searching. It looks like they are written in C - did you use JNI, or Runtime.exec(), direct database access, etc?

I went to this website:
http://wordnet2sql.infocity.cjb.net/download.html

They have a tool for converting the wordnet database to
a MySQL database.  I just downloaded the converted versions
for WordNet 1.7.1 off that website and learned a little how
the tables interact and what they meant and wrote some
simple WordNet sql queries to pull out definitions.

(sorry.. I missed that in my INSTALL.txt files about the
wordnet setup.  I've updated it in the new 1.2 version
of INSTALL.txt)

- Brent

In the meantime, I also notice they have a native java api library available at sourceforge (it's listed on the "related projects" page).

Keep up the good work,
Geoff