--- Geoff Howard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
[..}

> Implement a custom Reader, similar to ResourceReader and the other Readers
> such
> ImageReader, DatabaseReader in the database block, etc.
>
> Geoff

and

--- Ugo Cei <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
[...]
> The cleanest way would be to wrap your components with a class that
> implement the Source interface and use it directly from the ResourceReader:
>
>    <map:read src="myscheme:whatever"/>
>
> You can find a detailed example in Langham & Ziegeler's book "Cocoon:
> Building XML Applications" (New Riders).
>
> Alternatively, you can copy&paste ResourceReader and change
> "inputSource.getInputStream" to "myComponent.getInputStream" etc.
>
>       Ugo

Thank you both for your input. I would ask for another advice if I may.

In both cases it seems that I have to provide some input stream to my Reader or
my Source component. However the Postscript and PDF are actually sent to an
OutputStream.

I guess the above approaches mean I need to use Piped streams to 'transform' my
OuputStream to an InputSream. Or have you a better suggestion?

Oscar