Leon,
    You see thats what i was trying to achieve by using the
auth-protect action in the sub-sitemap.Because the "authentication
context " is only accessible inside a pipeline  protected  by the
auth-protect action...
   Also,when a sub-sitemap gets mounted and if you are using encode-URL
in the sitemap to generate a session-id,it doesn't get passed to the
loaded sitemap..which i think, is creating these problem..unless like
always i am just missing something very small!!
regards
Gautam

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 04/18/04 03:08PM >>>
It would be interesting to see whether the session transformer can get

information out
of the authentication context using getxml.
<xsp-session:getxml context="authentication"
path="authentication/data/foo"/>

and then use <transform type="session"/> in the subsitemap. The handler

may not be knowm,
bit the context *could* be available.

Leon

Gautam Ganguly wrote:

>Leon,
>  ..and thats what i am currently doing.But then my need also,is to
get
>hold of the current user info that i have stored in the
authentication
>context..so i could use that for logging purposes in the
child-webapp.