Sebastian dijo:
> Hi there,
>
> I've following problem. I'm using woody with binding to hibernate.
> In my database I've field called NIP (it is polish rate payer
> identification number). It has 4 parts separated by '-'. I've written
> successfuly validation class for this number and everything works
> fine. Now I would like to change the way user can modify this number.
> I would like to show 4 edits instead of one and then add '-' between
> them, validate NIP and then store it in database. It is exaclty opposite
> to wd:aggregatefield which allows to merge several fields into single
> edit. My first idea was to create 4 wd:field's but what then? How to
> merge them to allow validation on whole string and what is more important
> how to merge them to allow binding just to single property?

AFAIK, this is similar as 3 fields for a Date: day, month and year. The
CForms binding framework can do the work. Look for the binding samples.
You can manage the binding to allow it to load to 4 fields and on save to
get the 4 fields and store them in just one.

> Any idea? I hope that it is not another unimplemented feature like
> multipage
> forms. It will always remains a great mystery for me why XForms and
> JXForms
> were deprecated when Woody is not mature enough to be the only form
> handler
> for Cocoon.

If you are really aware, the dev maillist archive store the discusion +
the vote. :-D

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo