Thanks all for your reply and sorry for the mess I did :)

Marc Portier napisał(a):

> [executive summary]
> - aggregate works both ways, it is about the form-model, not about
> binding nor templating

I though so at the begining, because it seams to be natural for me.
I just encountered a problem and then looked at wiki and what I've found
is "aggregatefield widget - used to edit the value of multiple fields through
one textbox". I think that someone should change this because it leads to
missunderstanding.

> - multiform is in my head about controlling the flow between forms. As
> such the correct separation is: let cforms describe one form, let flow
> control the decission to go from one to the other

But this approach doesn't allow me to go back between forms. Or maybe
I don't know something then please clarify that.

> [aggregate]
> the wd:aggregate allows you to centrally describe your form-data-model
> with the validation you have in place.
>
> the decission to visualize and/or bind those values as 'one aggregated
> value' or 'multiple split values' is easy in your template (see either
> example binding/03aggregate or the date-aggregate sample)

Hmm. I cannot find that in 2.1.4. Currently I'm downloading nightly snapshot
to check if it's availiable there. Thanks for pointing me.

> equally separated from the model is the decission to bind the value to
> the backend in one <fb:value> on the level of the aggregate or in
> multiple fb:value on the level of the separate fields
>
> as such 'aggregate' means that the model IS aggregating different split
> parts. I hope you see why we don't need a de-aggregate widget (which was
> suggested in the past) in the model you have the detail available in the
> binding and/or template you choose at which level (combined or split)
> you step in

It is clear. As I mentioned above for me this approach is natural.
I was missleaded by wiki.

> [multiform]
> the multiform issue is AFAICS out of the scope of the form-model which
> is there to describe ONE form, and to manage the lifecycle (validation
> and eventhandling) of that one thing.

I completly agree. Multiform is a way of presentation not dependant on
model. It is also true that validation is executed on model not on form.
However the way of presentation shouldn't be limited by model.

> That by itself is hard enough as it is. Not (currently) adding to the
> complexity the unpredictable various ways of splitting one form over
> various interactions actually follows up on the fact that modelling your
> form is (also) about describing the valid URI-request-params to your
> form interaction.
>
> In fact you should look at cforms as a convenient way to describe/model
> the form as a single interaction-interface (i.e. the URI-request-params)
> that offers you the extra of useful data-typing, validation rules and
> some (local) event-handling.
>
> In a web-context I truly see this formal interface declaration building
> up something I would call a unit-of-interaction to be something truly
> valuable.  IMHO adding multi-form support here seems to be blurring that
> nice responsibility.

I cannot agree. Sometimes I need to allow user on first page to choose
which page will be next. For example, on first page user can check some
checkboxes and regarding to user choice I would like to show forms
which are availiable for choosed by user options. I don't want him to
waste a time for filling data which are not important for him. Moreover
all data on availiable pages should be validated independently from others.
So if user choice is page 1 and 3 then I would like to verify data
availiable on page 1 and 3 and don't validate data specific for page 2.
It was very nicely done in jXForms. I would like also to show confirm
page and allow user to go back between pages.

>  From that angle I think the (current) work on introducing
> widget-repositories will largely simplify building up various forms
> (interaction-units) based on the same set of predefined widgets (see
> http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=WoodyScratchpad)

I also see great oportunity in introduction of widget-repositories.

> What remains then is building up one application by glueing these
> interaction-points together.  I think most of us are just doing that by
> means of flowscript and the fact that there hasn't emerged some more
> abstract format to hook those up as e.g. wizards kinda tells me that
> flowscript by itself is a perfect match for the flexibility you need
> anyway. (that is my feeling)

I agree that woody and flow are very good way for cocoon and we should
follow it. Now modeling forms with UML is clear for me, because I can see
real object and sequences. Hovewer I can't see any reason why we should
give up multiforms.

Kindly regards,
Sebastian Gil