On May 4, 2004, at 10:54 AM, Joel McConaughy wrote:

I'm using hibernate/cforms to build simple CRUD pages.

Have you seen the alternative acronymn?: Create/Read/Amend/Purge :-)

 These take the
results from a query and create an ArrayList of beans, display a page
worth of rows in a repeater, allow in place editting, and persist the
results back to the database.

Hibernate handles row updates automatically.  Insertions are handled in
the flow by explicitly calling a hibernate save operation on any row
with a null ID.

Deletions are the problem. Hibernate requires that I explicitly call a
delete method for each deleted row. Cforms doesn't keep track of
deleted rows within a repeater so I believe that I need to do this as
each delete event is fired. However, I don't know how to access the row
inside the <wb:on-delete> tag or how to call some external Java from
there.

May be there's an easier way to accomplish this?

I know you can do it with the v2 forms/flow API... see the flowscript in the v2 samples directory.

There might be a way to do it with the <wb:on-delete> way, but I'll let somebody else answer that 'cause I don't know! :-)

~mark