Tony,

this works quite good. One year ago we remastered Knoppix to put the http://www.mobiharz.de site within knoppix.

> Things to think about:
>
> o No writable disk. This means there would be nowhere to put logs and other stuff. Does Knoppix have a ramdisk?

It has, as the other posts already mentioned. I wrote some startup scripts which put all the writeable things into ramdisk. As the mobiharz system needed a postgres database we even took the database into ram disk!

> o Speed.  Not sure if this would be a factor.

Of course it is slower but satisfied our needs for demonstration issues.

Thats a problem to my mind. You carefully have to study the licensing agreements about that. Have you considered other software like JRE from http://www.blackdown.org or xpdf?

--
Harald Wehr

Institut für Tourismus- und Geo-Informationssysteme GmbH
Sitz: Friedrichstrasse 57-59 38855 Wernigerode

Büro: Gießerweg 5
      38855 Wernigerode            Web:     http://www.itgis.com
                                   Tel:     03943/557807
                                   Fax:     03943/557808

Das Internet-Lexikon Knowlex - Ein Service der ITGIS GmbH
http://www.knowlex.org

Privat: http://www.harald-wehr.de