On 18.06.2004 09:39, Oro smith wrote:

There seems to be some problem when using cocoon webmail with
wap. After i login and the inbox is displayed, i try to click on
the mail link. However i get the message "invalid wml code". Does
this have something to do with the cocoon sitemap and wap. If anyone has encountered the same problem plz let me know.

You provide only very few information. Where do you see this error?
On a mobile phone? It might be caused by the XML declaration, try
to remove it by the correct serializer setting using <omit-xml-declaration>yes</omit-xml-declaration>.

I get the error "invalid wml code" when i tested it in the wap
emulator available at tagtag.com.On the mobile phone i get the error
"Unable to fetch response". I get no error with the opera web browser
though.

This is actual flow:

1. login page is displayed for mail/login.wml.

Is this page static? Has it an XML declaration in it?

2. After logging in the inbox is displayed.
    url :mail/mail/mail.wml

Is this page static? Has it an XML declaration in it?

3. I click on some mail for it to be displayed.....and the error: invalid wml page.
this is the url corresponding to the mail display page.
mail/mail/mail.wml?cmd=cat-message-by-id&id=3

The sitemap corresponding to the error page is :

<map:when test="cat-message-by-uid">
<map:transform src="stylesheets/mail-message2document.xsl"/>
        </map:when>

This page is obviously dynamic and so serialized by a Cocoon serializer. They output the XML declaration. But it was only a wild guessing for a possible problem. Another one might be superfluous namespace declarations, mobile phones are really sensitive to those problems. It will be more trial & error to find it out. Save the WML code of mail/mail/mail.wml?cmd=cat-message-by-id&id=3 to disk, load it with the mobile phone and see if it works (it should not). Remove more and more stuff out of the file until it works for the mobile phone.

I tried to omit the xml declaration,but it doesnt work.

In which way? Can you show the sitemap snippet? Can you have a look at the resulting source e.g. with Opera?

Joerg