Upayavira wrote:

I have some problems with the _embedded_ Xindice under linux. The same webapp works fine under w2k, but under linux XMLDB samples don't work.
When I try to populate the database with sample data, the sample succesfully creates a collection, but resource creation fails. Moreover, after restarting Tomcat the collection that has been created disappears.

BTW, I don't use any command line tools!

The same applies to my Cocoon application that uses XMLDB block.

It seems to me, that the problem is Tomcat and linux related but it's not a bug in Cocoon or Xindice.

Rui Alberto L. Gonçalves wrote:

Hi all,
I'm trying to use xmldb cocoon block. Things are ok while tomcat
is up, but after shutdown and restart tomcat, data inserted
in the database is lost. Directories structure remains in the
file system, but documents are no longer visible to Xindice.

I've already searched xindice mailing list and I found some
posts related to this problem, but none of them helps to solve
the problem.

Does anyone had a similar problem using xindice embed with cocoon?

Many thanks.

Are you using the Xindice command line tools too? Xindice databases must only be accessed by one JVM at a time. Thus if you use it in servlet mode, that is your one JVM - everything else talks to the servlet. If however you use embedded mode within Cocoon, that makes Cocoon your one JVM. If you start accessing a database with the command line tools while Cocoon is running, you will find symptoms like you describe - collections that you added disappearing, etc.

Hope that helps.

Upayavira

when in embedded mode must only

Timur