Lionel Crine wrote:
Hi all,

I have to store some information about the users in my application.

Today, I store them into the session object (org.apache.cocoon.environment.Context) using a custom action.

I think, there are other ways to do that and I need some advices to manage this information.

Am I doing the right thing ? Is there another way to do that (I saw the sessiontransformer)?

You are right! You have the possibility to use the SessionTransformer.

But there is also another way using the SessionAttributeOutputModule. With the help this output-modul you can store something in a session-attribut. I found no special documentation, only the java-source-code!

i hope i could give you a little help!

Dirk

PS: I'm pretty sure that there is already an implementations of my needs in Cocoon.

Lionel