Terry
I started using SQLTransformer and for a lot of things it works great. It doesn't do parameter substitution (AFAIK) so my queries/inserts/updates are built dynamically and build the query explicitly. I'm sure there are still a lot of Cocoon apps deployed and currently being built using this stable technology.

Most of my code has been converted to use OJB so my object model is independent (mostly) from the database code used to persist the model. Other developers are using Hibernate or Castor. Since these are ubiquitous techologies at this point you won't see too much discussion about them unless someone has problems. Using an ORM (and many would argue together with CForms and flow) is the way to go especially if your object model already exists or is expected to be reused in another context.

The beauty of Cocoon is its ability to provide integration with all of these persistence mechanisms.

Hope this helps,
Steve

Thanks for the tip. I started with SqlTransformer because I *thought* that it was the
new/improved/suggested way of doing things with sql.
I'm starting to get the impression db support is low priority here. I guess that's fine... I
guess I just could've figured it out sooner :)