Thanks for the info.  It at least helps me understand where other cocoon users are
coming from.  I
use OJB on a struts project and it works great for that app where I'm doing a lot of
database
writing from form entries, etc.  However, I never like OJB for query intensive
apps.... which is
exactly what I'm using Cocoon for.  This app will do little-to-no writing to the
database but I
will need to be unrestricted in my SQL query capabilities.
As for parameter binding, yeah, it's not absolutely essential, and there are
workarounds.  I see
it kind of as if I was looking at luxury cars....  If someone told me the car didn't
have a most
basic feature like power windows, I'd just assume that it's probably missing a lot of
other
things.
And that's why Cocoon worries me.. I still think it's great, but I'm a little
concerned about
what's around the corner as I get more and more involved in it.