From memory, Cocoon supports most regular expression syntax. There are heaps of reference sites, here's just one that's a reasonable introduction:

http://www.regular-expressions.info/reference.html

Your match could be done a number of ways, [A-Z]{2}[0-9]{2} or if Cocoon spits at this, try [A-Z][A-Z][0-9][0-9]

Any site dedicated to Perl will also be full of examples, as is anything to do with the Java regexp class. O'Reilly also has a book but doubt you'll need to go that far, there's plenty of Web-based reference sites!

Scott.

Derek Hohls wrote:

I am looking for some guidance for developing
patterns to help validate some form fields; for
example I need to check that an entry is in the
form

 AA00

where AA are uppercase letters and 00 are two
numbers.

If someone can help with this and, more generally,
point me to a good resource for learning how to do
this, I'd appreciate it.

Derek