Gerald Aichholzer said:
> On Thu, 9 Sep 2004 07:34:10 -0700 (PDT), Ralph Goers
>

> Well, by clicking on a href="/miracle/app/cook/info.gif" in my
> xhtml-source-code my browser connects to the following address:
>
>    http://server:8888/miracle/app/cook/info.gif
>
> But if I want to serve static content with apache, it should be
>
>    http://server:80/miracle/app/cook/info.gif
>
> Do I have to modify my generated xhtml-code to achieve this or
> do I have to edit apache's configuration file only?

When done properly your links will be the same as they are.  All incoming
requests go to apache at port 80. Apache forwards the stuff it isn't
handling to the servlet container (in this case at 8888).  This is an
extremely common configuration (not just for Cocoon). You should search
the Apache http server site for more information.