From: Markus Vaterlaus [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, October 22, 2004 3:25 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Cocoon-Oracle questions

Hi there,

I'm using ESQL to connect to an Oracle 8i DB. Some tables I'm using
have far more than 10000 records in it. Allthough, I don't need all
the records; restrictions with WHERE come in very handy. :-)

To check your issue I built a logicsheet with the following query

      <esql:query>
                select * from tablename order by key
        </esql:query>

The table tablename has about 30000 records. It takes some time to get
the result back, transform it and display it in IE or Moz. But it
works!

My setup: cocoon 2.1.4 on tomcat 4.1.21 on a 2 cpu-linux box with 4 GB
RAM. Oracle is running on the same server.

BTW: If you use the restriction <esql:max-rows>100000</esql:max-rows>
the row-results contains an additional element called <ROWNUM/>.

Cheers

--mv