Jorg,

On 29 Nov 2004, at 12:20, Jorg Heymans wrote:

It is my understanding that you can only call / lookup components from other components (i'ld love to be proven wrong on this btw).
Write a component that implements the serviceable interface and use that servicemanager to lookup.

That is what I suspected :-( Thanks for the info...

Robin

HTH
Jorg

Robin Wyles wrote:
Hi,
I am trying to call a cocoon component from within a Java class - is this possible?
From flow I use...
var my_component = cocoon.getComponent(Packages.MyComponent.ROLE);
... which works great. I have tried the following in my java class...
CocoonComponentManager manager = new CocoonComponentManager();
MyComponent my_component = (MyComponent) manager.lookup(MyComponent.ROLE);
- this results in "java.lang.NullPointerException"
... when I try:
DefaultComponentManager = new DefaultComponentManager();
MyComponent my_component = (MyComponent) manager.lookup(MyComponent.ROLE);
I get " org.apache.avalon.framework.component.ComponentException: Unable to provide implementation. (key [MyComponent])"
Can anyone point me to samples of how I can access Cocoon components (declared in cocoon.xconf) in my java classes?
Thanks,
Robin