Have a look at HttpSessionListener. This requires modifing the web.xml
if I remember.

Also, in the past, I had an application that created some files on the
hard drive that I wanted to delete when the user session ended (timeout
or logout). To do this, I created a cleanup class that implemented
HttpSessionBindingListener and put an instance of it in the session.
When the session ends, it receives the valueUnbound message.

This is documented in the HttpSession interface.

http://java.sun.com/products/servlet/2.2/javadoc/javax/servlet/http/HttpSession.html

Benoit