I am writing a custom generator. It would be convenient to reload the class while Cocoon is running.

How it is possible to reload just a generator class in Cocoon 2.1.6 running in Tomcat 5.x or 5.5, without reloading the whole Cocoon or without restarting Tomcat (ca. 30 sec)?

The generator class is in $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/cocoon-2.1.6/WEB-INF/classes.

This question was already asked in January 2003, but I didn't found a working solution. See thread:
http://archives.real-time.com/pipermail/cocoon-users/2003-January/028203.html

Any help is appreciated.

Achim