Ugo Cei wrote:

Il giorno 27/gen/05, alle 15:16, JD Daniels ha scritto:

right? Or would it be better to have one class such as BugFacade with all methods dealing with bugs? (save, find, delete etc)

Yes, that is usually preferrable. A class that deals with retrieving and storing domain objects to a persitent store is usually called a Data Access Object (DAO).

Lastly, I am pretty sure the above would work, but to be really separate-y, what about:

var bugSearch = new Packages.com.kismetsoftware.insecticide.BugSearch(hs);
var bean = bugSearch.findBugById(id);

What's changed WRT to the previous version? I can't see the difference.

var bugSearch = new Packages.com.kismetsoftware.insecticide.BugSearch();
var bean = bugSearch.findBugById(id);

The cocoon component for the persisenceFactory , and the hibernate session opening and closing is gone from flow. so the whole function would be:

function showBug()
{
var bugSearch = new Packages.com.kismetsoftware.insecticide.BugSearch();
var bean = bugSearch.findBugById(id);
cocoon.sendPage("internal/generate-view/bug_summary", {title : "Bug details", bug : bug});
}

  Ugo