Maybe this will be helpful:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=110793993329121&w=2

Elad Messing wrote:

Hello again !

After reading a bit about cocoon, while looking for a framework for a multi-profile (client profiles) web application framework, I have decided to delve deeper into Cocoon.

BUT (there is always a but)

I am bugging you to understand better how I should build my environment.

I would like to use Tomcat. This I managed to do. I have build Cocoon and copied the directory to my Tomcat's "webapps" directory. All the examples works.

Now I would like to develop - for this I use Eclipse. When I need to develop on tomcat - I use the "Sysdeo" Plugin - this allows me to develop, deploy and debug my code my local Tomcat.

Good.

Now Cocoon.

Usually when I develop code with a framework (I.E. Tapestry) - I add a new "Tomcat project" , add some framework libraries/resource files/etc to my Eclipse project, add some of my own application code, compile, and using the Plugin - connect it to Tomcat running in Eclipse - for testing.

When I went through the Eclipse related documentation for cocoon - I saw some notes about building it under Eclipse, but failed to really understand what is needed to build an Eclipse environment to develop cocoon based applications. I have already built cocoon (outside Eclipse), and now have the binaries. Now what ?

I have went through the following resources :

1. _http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/LoadInEclipse_ - Where I managed to import all of the cocoon source into an Eclipse project. Not sure this is needed….

2. _http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/GetStarted?action=highlight&value=eclipse_ <http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/GetStarted?action=highlight&value=eclipse> - Where I tuned my "Sysdeo" Plugin to work with my Tomcat, and also installed some XML related plugins.

3. _http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-users&m=105472994930132&w=2_ <http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-users&m=105472994930132&w=2> - Where I didn't understood where to start.

So basically my question is : What steps should I follow in order to have an Eclipse project, with the needed libraries/files/etc where I can add my own application files, and use the Eclipse-Tomcat Plugin to have it running in Tomcat in a way that I can also debug it.

It looks like I might be missing something big here - So any help will be appreciated..

Thanks

Elad Messing