Hi,

I'm not certain whether it really works, but TextSerializer and XmlSerializer are very much similar. Ever tried to define a new TextSerializer with the encoding explicitly set to utf-8?

    <map:serializer logger="sitemap.serializer.utf8-text" mime-type="text/plain"
name="utf8-text"
      src="org.apache.cocoon.serialization.TextSerializer">
      <encoding>UTF-8</encoding>
    </map:serializer>

Cheers,
Geert

Andreas Hartmann wrote:
Hi Cocoon community,

when I use the text serializer with UTF-8 encoding, Internet Explorer
does not recognize the encoding and screws up the umlauts.

With the XML serializers from the serializers block, the problem
does not appear. Is there any workaround for the text serializer?

Setting the Content-Type header using the HttpHeaderAction does
not work, I guess it is overridden by the serializer:

   <map:act type="set-header">
     <map:parameter name="Content-Type" value="text/plain; charset=utf-8"/>
   </map:act>

Thanks in advance!

-- Andreas

-- [EMAIL PROTECTED] IT-consultant at Daidalos BV, Zoetermeer (NL)

http://www.daidalos.nl/
tel:+31-(0)79-3316961
fax:+31-(0)79-3316464

GPG: 1024D/12DEBB50